Sunday 24 March 2013

134/111 - All My Friends Are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman




I first read this book several years ago, and after recently lending it to my little brother (who wants to study English Lit for A-level) I decided to read it again.

It's 101 pages and it can be read in about 45 minutes, but if you read it I would encourage you to savour it, as it's very funny and sweet. It follows the story of Tom, who marries a superhero names The Perfectionist. On their wedding day, her ex-boyfriend, The Hypnotist, convinces her that she can no longer see Tom, and he becomes invisible to her. The rest of the book is centred around his desperation to get her to see him again, and is interspersed with stories of how they met and how they came to fall in love. You also find out that Tom is a 'normal' among his group of friends, the rest of which are superheroes with varying powers, most of them slightly absurd and funny.

Very sweet little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment