Friday 27 December 2013

167/111 - Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh




I've known for ages that this book was coming out and I was a big fan of the blog. I decided to download it and read it recently has I has sort of missed the release date, but really wanted to read the book.

I don't really know what to say about this other than that I loved it. There was some content from the blog and a whole bunch of new content, and it was all great and I stormed through it in a couple of days. It was pretty unusual compared to most of the books I read as there were loads of illustrations throughout the book, just like the blog, and they really add to the hilarity of all the situations.

There was so much more I wanted to write about this that's sort of slipped away from me because I read it quite a while ago now, damn. I really love the way she writes, her voice, her sense of humour, her illustration, it's all great. The honesty is also really touching in the parts where she reveals details of her personal life. All great, and look forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment