Sunday 26 May 2013

139/111 - Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk




First of all, I'm amazed that my iPad's autocorrect has the name 'Palahniuk' in its library - wonders will never cease! I've read this before, however I decided to re-read this again recently after attending a course called The Landmark Forum a few weeks ago. When I was reading about the course, I discovered that he had also attended the course and it was partly responsible for his decision to become a writer, and, there is also a healthy amount of satire directed towards the course in the book.

The first time I read Fight Club was after I'd seen the film, and I remember preferring the film to the book on that occasion. It is a great film. This time around, I think I enjoyed the book a lot more. Everyone knows what Fight Club is about, so I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but I really enjoyed this book, and it's probably one that I'll re-read every few years.

I've got some more Chuck Palahniuk stuff to read that I'm not sure I'll enjoy quite as much as everything else seems to be sitting in the shadow of Fight Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment