Saturday 18 January 2014

179/111 - Raven Girl by Audrey Niffenegger




This is one of the book I received from Luke for Christmas. I guess from friends and family I asked for books that I wanted but that I wouldn't necessarily buy for myself, and this is a perfect example of this. A gorgeous little hardback, wonderfully illustrated, silver accents on the cover and the pages, and I also somehow got given a signed copy, which was an additional delight that I hadn't noticed until I opened it up to read earlier today. Yay!

I don't have a great deal to say about this as it was very short. It's basically a little fairy tale about a postman who falls in love with a raven, who then have a daughter who is the raven girl. She longs to be able to fly and finds a doctor who is willing to transform her so she can fulfil her dreams of being a real raven.

Short and sweet, and a lovely book. This is the kind of book that I don't think you could ever really enjoy in the same way on an electronic device as on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment