Wednesday 16 October 2013

159/111 - The Colorado Kid by Stephen King




This is yet another book I have read on my iPhone recently. I guess I'm making a bit of a habit out of it while I'm at work in breaks etc, as it's so accessible in my pocket and/or handbag.

This is a story within a story - a young woman taking part in an internship at a small-town newspaper in Maine is told the story of the Colorado Kid by the two elderly founders of the newspaper one afternoon. The Colorado Kid is the nickname of the unknown man who was found dead on the beach of the island 20-something years ago. The two old-timers sit her down and slowly reveal the details of the story for which there is no real resolution. This story is about small towns and local people and I guess the nature of odd things that happen sometimes and how we aren't always able to resolve them.

I really enjoyed this book. I found myself really caught up in the mystery myself, which I guess is the point. I noticed that this was also published under Hard Case Crime, which is what Joyland has been published under (I haven't read this yet, but I'm now looking forward to it). Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment