Thursday 3 October 2013

158/111 - Mile 81 by Stephen King




This is going to be a quick one - I downloaded this onto my iPad when I first got it as there were a bunch of stories by authors that I liked that were only available on e-readers for some promotional reason, I guess. So I downloaded them and then sort of forgot about them. Since I've been reading more on my iPhone recently, I decided to dig some of these out of my library and give them a read, and this was one of them.

This is really a short story rather than a book, about a rest area known as Mile 81, which is abandoned. It follows the perspectives of a few people who happen to stop there in an afternoon, and their encounters with an abandoned car which appears to be eating people who go near it. I enjoyed it, as I usually enjoy Stephen King's short stories, so I was pleased to have read it. He seems to write a lot about cars, or refers to them a lot in his stories, I guess it's sort of an Americana thing; big cars, the open road, etc.

That's all I have to say, really. I enjoyed it. I'd like to revisit some more of his short stories as I always love reading them, but there's so much else to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment