Wednesday 14 August 2013

148/111 - Write by Guardian Books




I bought this book recently along with a notebook for some writing and I thought this might be a good starting point.

It has a bunch of different essays by different writers and is all about their journeys and how they got started with writing. I particularly enjoyed the essays by Margaret Atwood, Douglas Coupland, Neil Gaiman and Hilary Mantel. Actually Hilary Mantel's were my favourite however I've never read any of her books as I'm not a fan of historical fiction and their size also intimidates me a lot.

I really enjoyed her essay around loving your stationery and how she could spend all day browsing through stationery catalogues. Very funny.

I'm not going to go into too much detail on the rest of this as it's late and m very tired, however I'll definitely get back to writing proper things again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment