Wednesday 14 August 2013

147/111 - Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished by Rocky Wood




I was in a meeting after work a little while ago and sort of voted and decided that I fancied reading a quick something by Stephen King. I was idly scrolling through iBooks on my iPhone and I discovered what I thought was an unpublished collection of Stephen King's stories!

I paid for it and downloaded it immediately with the intention of getting started when I got home from work, and started reading through the introduction that night. I could see that the page punt was well over 1000 pages, which was pretty exciting to me. But alas, it wasn't to be.

It turned out that what I had purchased was actually a book about Stephen King's uncollected and unpublished works. Not a collection of these works, but a book about these works. I was really gutted.

Don't get me wrong, the book is impressive in its scope and research, and the author really really knows his stuff, however I obviously misunderstood what the book was actually about, so I didn't finish it. I may end up finishing one day when I'm in the mood for something more academic, but at the time I was looking for some story.

No comments:

Post a Comment