Tuesday 22 May 2012

87/111 - Fatherland by Robert Harris


I bought this in the airport on my way to holiday, as I was still reading the last Holocaust book, and I decided that I’d like to carry on with the Nazi Germany theme by reading a book that I’ve meant to read for a long time now.

The book is supposed to be set in the 1960s in an alternative future where Hitler won the war. Unfortunately, it was so dull I couldn’t even be bothered to finish it. I guess I had been hoping for a sort of dystopian future, and it was a little dystopian I guess, but it was more like a detective story and was pretty uninteresting so I gave up halfway through.

I don’t really like to give up on books, especially ones which are meant to be ‘good’, because I feel like I’m missing out on something really important, but on the other hand, I really don’t see any point in carrying on when there is so much other awesome stuff to read, which brings me onto my next book…

Next: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

No comments:

Post a Comment