Sunday 30 December 2012

119/111 - Kid Rex by Laura Moisin




I downloaded a preview of this book on my iPad a little while ago, after it was the recommendation of a recommendation of a recommendation and it had a cool cover. I quite liked the author's voice so I decided to download and read the rest of the book on my iPad!

This book is the autobiography of Laura, who developed anorexia while she was studying at university in New York, and the story of her recovery. The book was okay, but I didn't finish it. I liked her style of writing a lot and it was well written, however I'm just not that interested in this type of book. I am interested in eating disorders and their prevalence however not so much from an individual perspective.

Reading on the iPad was okay, too. There were times when it was annoying, like when I kept accidentally flicking to the next page, but on the other hand it was also pretty mice not having to hold open the book, and also being able to read at night time. Hm. Still not totally convinced, I think this requires further testing.

Next: We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

No comments:

Post a Comment