Monday 27 June 2011

Reload

I think it's about time that I did a little juggle of my books and my shelves. I've reached a point where I'm just stagnating, and not enjoying reading at all, which is like being without air for a gal like me.

I'm revisiting an old book that I loved this week, so I hope that will help get me back on the right track and boost my reading again.

I think that part of the reason for this trouble has been the work I've been doing on the side of my other job at various publishing companies etc. I've been so fucking far into that stuff, and working myself into a frenzy, that I can't even stand the thought of looking at another book when I'm done for the day. Which is weird for me, because when I was working for Waterstone's, I couldn't get enough! I was reading before work, reading on my lunch break, and then reading some more at home. I know, I know; sounds wild.

I want to get back into it, because I've only read 40 books so far this year, and the year is half over! I need to get at least my original number done, even if I don't read all the books I originally set out to.

Holy shit, it's going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment